Sunday, November 27, 2011

When did that Happen?

I am sitting here, realizing that it has been 4 days since I had vertigo.
In fact, my head feels clear and securely attached to my neck.  I am amazed at how taken for granted this feeling can become, especially when it has been months since I was free of lightheadness, vertigo and buzzing.
I am cautious in saying this, constantly aware that the superstitious part of my identity is afraid to tempt fate.
I want to say that I may even feel relatively "well."  There are some minor aches and pains, but right now I am not overcome with the energy draining, full body fatigue that has been a staple in my existance.  I think that this means the medication is working. I have been on it for three weeks now and other than the very dry mouth (a common side effect) it has been a fairly painless experience.  I am not on the full dose yet, as my doctor would like to see me ease onto it (I guess because it affects your brain chemistry) and so I have to up the dose a little at a time. Today makes me optimistic that we may be on the right track and possibly my life as a human pin cushion will be coming to an end soon!
I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment